Christian Perspective

What do you see when you look at this picture? Do you see the glass as half empty of half full? If you see the glass half full, you generally view things in a positive way. How do psychologists draw (pun intended) a conclusion like that from how you look at a picture? The way you view something tells a lot about your perspective.


The person that recognized the glass as half full views the world the way Christians should look at things. Christians should see problems in life as opportunities for God to show up and show out. We take comfort in knowing the Lord is always with us and just so you know “if the Lord is for us, who can be against us?” (Rom 8:31). Who can fight against the creator of all? The one who makes the sun rise and raised his son from the grave. 

Christians are cocky, not in ourselves, but in our Father. We know what he can do for we’ve seen it time and time again in our own lives. Let me tell you a quick story, my story. Seven years ago I was walking through my front door and I passed out. My life changed; I went from working hard to hardly working. My wife was a full time doctoral student so our family had to survive on my disability check which inevitably stopped coming. The same week, literally the same week I received my last check, my wife was offered a professorship in Phoenix.

With the help of our families we moved across the country to begin again. It’s one of many stories that I can draw strength from. I still feel down and discouraged at times but it doesn’t last long. I hear my Father’s voice saying “...call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me"(Psalms‬ ‭50:15‬)‬‬. I hear him and his words reassure me, invigorate me. That’s why Christians should look at the glass as half full. We take refuge in spiritual knowledge. Knowing that with God we have hope and an inner-peace.

Think about it. 

Comments

Popular Posts