It Takes Two (the finale)

When things go wrong in our life it’s easy to blame our significant other. Animosity can quickly build and before you know it days go by without barely saying a word to the love of your life. You become so distant that you no longer confide in them and turn to other people for advice. No relationship can last without good communication so in a last ditch effort you’ve turned again to the counselor.

He’s already shared 2 of the 3 keys to a strong relationship (honesty/trust and commitment) but the counselor knows communication is the most critical. “How did you get to the point where you stopped communicating?” He asks. “It started out innocently enough,” you reply. “I would stay out late on Saturday nights and I just couldn’t pull myself out of bed for church. Then I started working longer hours and I began falling asleep without saying my prayers...as time went by I lost touch with God.” 

The counselor walks over and hands you a book. “It’s taken me over 1500 hundred years and 40 writers to complete,” He states. “It teaches you everything you need to have a close relationship with my Father. If you’re tired of being let down by people or of feeling alone, read my book. If you’re tired of financial burdens or life’s burdens read my book.” 

The counselor urges you to break free from worldly ideas of happiness and success and learn what God has in store for you. You’re part of the royal family and your eternal inheritance is assured. Just listen to the counselor. He holds the key to the kingdom and he just placed the key in your hand. 

Think about it. 

Comments

Popular Posts