My Father

The smell of a gourmet breakfast fills the air of my Beverly Hills mansion as I slip out of bed and into my Versace slides. A private elevator whisks me down to the delicious meal my chef has prepared. After a short commute  I’m warmly greeted by several of my staff as my chauffeur opens the back door to my Bentley and another glorious work day begins. 

But alas, my real life is more like waking up in my apartment, grabbing a bowl of cereal, commuting to work in a not so plush ride, and going to a job that’s last on my list of places to be. So why am I as happy as my alter ego living in a mansion? Because I know my Father. He makes all things work together for my good (Rom8:28). He has a purpose, a plan for my life (Php2:13) and I know my Father will give me everything I need (Php4:19).

I’m a Christian. I’m part of those God has called out. The way I see things is completely opposite of how the world views them. My mind has been transformed so that I can understand what the Spirit teaches (Rom12:2). My Father has given me his Spirit and it lives in me. My body has become His temple and He has made me holy so I strive to live holy (1Cor3:16,17). My joy and contentment doesn’t come from the size of my bank account or from someone’s approval of me. 

Only a fellow Christians can truly understand what I’m saying because secular people cannot grasp Spiritual things. It sounds crazy to them (1Cor2:14). I worry and get stressed about things like everyone else but I can talk to my Father and He reminds me of all He’s done. My spirit is strengthened because my prayer life is strong. I’m a hopeless optimist because my Father’s words give hope. You can try to talk to my Father but He only listens to His children (John9:31). I repeat, God only listens to His children.

Think about it.




Comments

Popular Posts