One Sixty Eight

You may be wondering why I titled my blog post 168? Or maybe not– but you should– because it has everything to do with you. 168 is the number of hours God blessed you with last week.

Out of those precious 168 hours at least 40 were spent at your job (sorry I reminded you) and another 56 went to getting some sleep so you could do your job. The average person also spends about 5 hours a week watching a tv screen and another 11 hours watching their iPhone screen. Oh, I almost forgot the 7 hours used on household activities like all those delicious meals you prepared and the laundry basket you made sure stayed empty.

Of course I didn't include everything from last week, like the 7 hours used eating and drinking, and the 4 hours spent commuting to work (there goes that job thing again). Why am I counting how we spent the 168 hours during the 35th week of the year? Because I hope the numbers will help you visualize how much of God's time we spend on ourselves.

168...168 hours taken for granted, but not promised.



Think about it.

Comments

  1. I've never thought about 168. I feel so bad now. I will do better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts